Maisha Poa Program
Maisha Poa program was established in 2006 to
address the issues of children living in the streets of Kawangware. The program
was part of FGCK Street Children Project, started in 2001 to address same
issues and to empower full gospel churches in Kenya to intervene in the issues
of OVC. The project was started through the vision of the church and Sami and
Paula Konttinen, missionaries from Finland.
Today, Maisha Poa provides hope to children and families
in Kawangware and Dagoretti in the following ways:
- Rescue, rehabilitation and reintegration
of children living in the streets
- Psychosocial support through counseling,
family assistance etc
- Education sponsorship through school
fees, school uniforms, books and life skills
- Vocational and skills training to youth
- Adult literacy program in partnership
with the Ministry of Education.
- Support for families through social and
economic empowerment. This includes micro lending, small business start up
support and gifts production.
- Others include capacity building,
- Other activities include advocacy on
child rights, establishment of community based children clubs etc
of self sustainability, the program runs conference services and office
rentals. Maisha Poa is located in Kawangware, off Naivasha Road, behind
Dagoretti DC’s office.
Take a look at our Maisha Poa Craft Shop